Yep, What to do with old CDs, or those annoying AOL freebie CDs, make them into something awesome cool!
Yes it is slightly debatable whether this is 'green', because despite the fact it's recycling the energy requirements kind of negate that. emsana
told me to post here and she's the boss :)Maybe you'll get inspired to do more 'green' things, with crap you find round the house.
What to do:
1. (optional) Putr in the microwave for a few seconds, this gives the CDs a funky cracked/crackled effect. WARNING - this is bad for your microwave, only put in for a few secons, about 5 at max. Afterward put a mug of water in for about a minute to absorb nasty fumes etc.
2. Turn the oven up to full and leave to heat up. Cut the CDs into interesting shapes.
3. Put in the oven, on a tray for a few minites, how long depends on your oven, but when mine were in too long I got loads of air bubbles and couldn't see the irridesent CD effect, so test a few times with teh oven to get the best time.
4. Glue your shapes together in interesting designs, with super glue or a glue gun, or leave as they are.
5. Drill a hole so they can be hung on a necklace or as earings.( Crazy CD PendantsCollapse )